Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Wedsend - My first business venture

While I was in college, I had a lot of friends who got married. Along with their announcements, I would frequently get a Facebook invite to an event instructing me to put my name and address on their wall so they could send me an announcement. I never gave this much thought until my brother got married. He directed people to a Google form where they could submit their info that way. This made a lot of sense to me, and I got an idea for a business.

That's why I created Wedsend. Wedsend is a free, simple tool that helps couples gather contact info efficiently and securely. At it's very simplest, it's a glorified Google form. You can create a custom wedding website with your colors, picture, and story with a place for guests to submit their address. But it's also much more.

Wedsend allows you to create your wedding events and provide info to your guests about the when, where, and other important details. You can also use Wedsend to specify all the people who are invited to each event and track their RSVPs. Even better, you can send your friends a Facebook invite and allow them to visit your site to RSVP themselves and read all about the couple.

Overall, Wedsend is designed to make wedding planning a little easier. No more copying and pasting addresses from a Facebook event wall. Wedsend stores them all in one place and allows you to export them to a spreadsheet. I've got more features and services in the works, so there's more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment